THE ASEAN SECRETARIAT INVITES ASEAN NATIONALS TO APPLY FOR THE FOLLOWING VACANCY
SENIOR OFFICER KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT
Duties and Responsibility:
The Senior Officer is part of the Knowledge Management (KM) Team and reports directly to Director of Corporate Affairs Directorate (CAD). He/she will be responsible for the following duties:
1. Corporate Knowledge Management
• Conduct inventory of ASEC existing information artefacts and quality control of contents in KDMS;
• Manage day-to-day operations of KDMS including approving and publishing validated documents and contents into the system;
• Develop an organisation-wide knowledge management strategy including systems for capturing, organising and developing information and contents from ASEC KM Key sponsors;
• Develop and implement ASEC Guideline on taxonomy and metadata schemas;
• Translate user needs to knowledge requirements, capture and codify tacit knowledge;
• Create and implement effective organisational tools for evaluating, assessing and communicating knowledge sharing and utilization of KDMS;
• Develop and oversee implementation of strategies to foster knowledge sharing;
• Provide substantive and managerial leadership to KM Team;
• Prepare annual work plan for KM Team and ensure the key performance objectives are fully achieved;
• Develop and execute overall knowledge management strategy including transforming information into tacit knowledge that can be required by users;
• Analyzing the effectiveness of the KDMS by observing and monitoring its usage, and evaluate its impact in terms of the organizational benefits;
• Collate and disseminate information from external parties and regular review of information and data received from KM Key sponsors.
2. Promoting Knowledge sharing across ASEC
• Design incentive and promote culture of knowledge sharing culture among ASEC Staff Members;
• Collate, analyse and provide robust and detailed information to improve existing services;
• Contribute to the work of the KM Functional team by supporting and advising the team on how to develop and maintain an efficient submission/request for submission of contents;
• Be the focal point of contact for ASEC KM related matters and interact with the Staff Members and external parties;
• Utilize the available information/resources to design a KM training module for Staff Members and external users;
• Keep abreast of new developments in KM field, and further strengthen ASEC KM framework and KDMS;
• Support the Staff Members with their KM learning initiatives and development goals;
• Collaborate HR Team in design and implementing learning activities;
• Manage knowledge-sharing events.
3. Policy and procedure development
• Develop and manage knowledge distribution policies;
• Coordinate closely with ASEC Key Sponsors and provide up to date KM tools and information;
• Develop guideline on indexing, taxonomy framework and content management;
4. Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Corporate Affairs and/or DSG CCAD.
Qualifications and experience:
• Advanced or Bachelor degree in knowledge/information management, communication, information technology, learning and development, or other relevant discipline with a concentration on how to fuse together the people, the content, the technology and the process to facilitate learning in an organization.
• At least 3 years with advanced degree, or 5 years with bachelor degree of progressively responsive, professional-level experience in knowledge management, organizational learning, and other relevant experience.
• Extensive hands-on, with proven experience in delivering results on knowledge management and/or organizational learning activities.
• Work experience with international organizational or governmental that has a well-established KM system and policy.
• Experience in leading the design and • Understanding of text analytics to analyze unstructured qualitative information.
• Sound knowledge and understanding of explicit and tacit knowledge.
• Have proven knowledge on taxonomy construction, search metadata analysis, etc.
• Good analyzing skills and ability to tackle critical situations.
• Experience in project management, web content management.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in handling different types of KM systems/tools, and/or web content management.
• A good team player and experience in managing a team.
• Ability to write well with the objective of communicating complex ideas and problems to non-expert audiences.
• Good communications and interpersonal skills, including written, verbal presentation, and facilitation skills applied within multi-cultural settings.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Experience working with statistical packages such as R, Stata, SPSS is an added advantage.
Application documents should reach the ASEAN Secretariat by 5 August 2022. The Selection Committee’s decision is final and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Further Information and how to apply please click here